- 1972: Hotel ownership group Wold Properties began developing hotels. It is a 310 room hotel with restaurant, bar, gaming and 27,000 square feet of flexible meeting and convention space in the Holiday Inn and Convention Center in Fargo, ND, which remains a regional icon to this day.
- 1979 – 1981: Developed three Hotels in the Bakken Oil field: Highway Host – Williston, ND • Highway Host – Rochester, MN • Highway Host – Dickinson, ND
- 1994 – Wold Properties started Dakota Hospitality after building Holiday Inn Express Fargo, ND
- 1994-2005 – DHC developed, built and managed the following additional hotels:
- Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Worth, TX (sold April, 2012), Hilton Garden Inn Eden Prairie, MN (sold May 2013), Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ft. Worth, TX (sold Dec. 2012), Holiday Inn Express & Suites Grapevine, TX (sold Dec. 2012), Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minnetonka, MN (sold May 2013), Holiday Inn Express Wahpeton, ND (sold Jan. 2003), Holiday Inn Express & Suites Englewood, CO (formerly Country Inn & Suites, sold Nov. 2005), Country Inn & Suites Tempe, AZ (sold Sept. 2001), AmericInn Hotel & Suites Brooklyn Center, MN (sold July 2006), Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park, KS (sold July 2014)
- 2007 – Wold Properties sold the remaining eight assets together with the management company to an equity group renaming the company First Call Hospitality, Inc. (FCH). First Call Hospitality ownership included Latitude Management Real Estate Investors (LMREI) out of Los Angeles, California and other investors. In 2010, LMREI became majority owner of FCH.
- 2011 – 2012 – FCH signed six full service hotel management contracts.
- 2013 – 2014: The company obtained management contracts for two focused service properties in Texas, one in Dallas and the other in Tomball/Houston. Additionally, development and construction began on the Holiday Inn Express I-94 SW, Fargo, ND on behalf of another FCH hotel ownership group.
- 2015: FCH signed three additional third party management contracts. One hotel transitioned out of the portfolio.
- 2016: Two additional hotel management contracts were obtained as of June 2016. Due to ownership transactions FCH terminated two management contracts.
- 2017: FCH signed four additional third party management contracts in April.
We are in the business of delivering exceptional experiences for our guests and producing positive results for our owners.
- We are hospitality professionals – we set the standard high with excellence. We are the definition of genuine hospitality.
- We always bring our best. We find ways to delight our guests in ways they never expected from a hotel. Excellence honors and inspires people.
- We do the right thing. Our integrity is one of our most valuable assets.
- We seek first to understand and will embrace conflict for the good of the working environment.We strive to find the win-win in resolving our conflicts.
- We embrace our talents and those of our team members; we know that we work better when we work together.
- We believe that our people are the most important part of our hotel – we encourage our employees to strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
- We work hard and celebrate our success together.
Our success in this business is directly related to our people.
Strive to improve, grow and develop our business and our team members.
Sustain a reputation for world class hospitality – we are “the hotel” that delivers.
Achieve positive results for our owners.
Achievements, Awards and Accolades
Rooms Managed 2017
Employee Count 2017
Guest Satisfaction 2016
93% of hotels exceed Brand expectations.
GOP Increase 2016
54% of hotels achieving YOY increases.